New Mexico State Legal Aid

Attorneys at the USBC Fair Lending Center provide free legal representation in foreclosure lawsuits for low-income homeowners nationwide. The USBC Fair Trade Lending Center offers free monthly educational workshops for homeowners who represent themselves in their foreclosure cases. USBC HUD-certified housing counselors provide free assistance to homeowners, regardless of income, who are late with mortgage payments or foreclosure to request loan changes or other mitigation options. Advice includes support for financial management and budgeting. If you qualify for free NMLA legal aid, we can: Provides legal services to victims of wage theft and files impact lawsuits to defend workers` rights. Through Immigration Services for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault, Catholic charities nationwide provide free legal representation to New Mexico resident immigrants who have experienced domestic violence and/or sexual assault (including child sexual abuse). SCLO provides a full range of legal services to individuals aged 60 and over in the counties of Bernalillo, Valencia, Sandoval and Torrance in the areas of health and long-term care, utilities, consumer and housing law, living wills, true identity, identity theft and guardianship, and other protection services in keeping with our mission to advocate for seniors` rights, maximize their independence and ensure they receive the benefits to which they are entitled. We also offer community building through presentations and workshops and a robust website. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday at all locations Provides free legal advice to seniors 60 years of age and older in the following areas: health, social benefits, housing, living wills, financial well-being, guardianship, consumer care, long-term care. If your legal problem or problem arises outside the State of New Mexico, you must not use this website. Click here for a list of legal aid programs available in other U.S.

states and territories. Provides free legal advice on the following topics: The New Mexico Center on Law and Poverty is a statewide nonprofit law firm dedicated to promoting economic and social justice through education, advocacy, and litigation. The agency uses systemic advocacy to address poverty and promote the health, education and economic well-being of New Mexico families. The Center provides representation before government agencies, through the legislative process, and before the courts on a wide range of issues, including the public education system, health care, public services, workers` rights, and fair lending, and supports advocacy by the Native American Budget and Policy Institute. The Centre represents a limited number of individual clients. Civil law services are free services that help low-income individuals and families defend their legal rights and resolve legal issues that often affect the most basic aspects of life – personal and family security, home ownership and protection, health care and economic security. If you have any questions, please contact Christopher Sanchez at 505-768-6131 in Albuquerque or by email: CAUTION! If you are applying for legal assistance online, please make sure you are using a private and secure computer. Do not use a computer that is accessible to people you do not want them to see the information you send us. The New Mexico Developmental Disabilities Planning Council Guardianship Office offers a publicly funded guardianship program for “guardians of last resort” for adults entitled to income and resources. They also provide mental health guardians who can be appointed by the courts.

You can apply for a guardian and pay a “guardian” for eligible individuals. Your website has forms that you can use for powers of attorney and living wills. Click here or call toll-free 1-800-779-6183. The NMILC provides low-income families with free, low-cost immigration information and legal assistance. The agency helps immigrants keep their families together, gain protection from persecution and domestic violence, obtain permanent residency and work permits, and become U.S. citizens. The NMILC builds stable families and increases opportunities for economic security so that immigrants from New Mexico can contribute to their communities for generations to come. The legal aid service is open Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to help victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking with legal problems.

Pegasus Legal Services for Children is a non-profit agency that provides civil law services to children, youth and their caregivers. They can help you apply for guardianship of a child in your care (kinship guardianship). Click here or call their Albuquerque office at 1-505-244-1101. Provides foreclosure and mortgage default services through HUD-certified legal representation and housing advice. Provides pro bono legal assistance on the following topics (varies from semester to semester): immigration, employment, wills, family law, social security, health, wage theft, deportation and natural resources. The New Mexico State Bar Association`s Legal Resources for the Elderly program provides negotiated or free legal aid to New Mexicans aged 55 and older. (No services are available for criminal defense.) You can access their website by clicking here or by calling toll-free 1-800-876-6657. Legal Aid is a national civil law service organization that provides free legal advice to low-income residents and victims of violence, regardless of income level. Most people have incomes below 125% of the federal poverty guidelines.

A central telephone entry line can be contacted toll-free from anywhere in New Mexico: 833-LGL-HELP (833-545-4357). Candidates can also apply online on the NMLA website, Services offered include short-term services, legal advice, expanded representation, public relations and legal education in the municipality. Areas of law covered include Indian law, domestic violence protection orders and other types of family law assistance, evictions, seizures, public interest cases (including unemployment benefits and social security disability cases), consumer law, and tax assistance for low-income individuals who are denied an income tax credit or loan. for children, or who are in debt to the IRS. Special programs also provide direct services and advocacy to New Mexico`s acequia communities, land grants, settlements, and migrant workers. New Mexico Legal Aid does not provide assistance in criminal or juvenile delinquent cases, except in tribal courts in certain limited circumstances. All services must be accessible through 833-LGLHELP Monday to Thursday from 10:00 to 15:00 or through the online portal 24/7. New Mexico Legal Aid also coordinates the state`s volunteer attorney program in coordination with the New Mexico State Bar and the 16 pro bono committees of the judicial district. The volunteer lawyer program`s services include coordinating fairs and legal clinics across the state and matching needy clients with ready-to-serve pro bono lawyers. The organization`s headquarters in Albuquerque can be reached toll-free for administrative inquiries at 866-416-1922.

CCDLC Program Provides Free, Low-Cost Immigration Legal Advice to Residents of New Mexico`s 10 Southern Districts The New Mexico Long-Term Care Ombudsman advocates for the recognition, respect and enforcement of the civil and human rights of residents of long-term care facilities in New Mexico. Call 1-505-476-4790 for more information on services such as health care, transportation, assisted living and independent living centers, legal assistance and meals delivered to your home by connecting to the Care Network or calling toll-free in New Mexico at 1-800-432-2080. The Senior Citizens Law Office provides free legal advice and representation to individuals aged 60 and over in Bernalillo County regarding health care, public benefits, living wills, consumer rights and other matters such as estate planning, wills, transfer of death, powers of attorney, affidavits and simple succession. Click here or call their Albuquerque office at 1-505-265-2300. Remember to wash your hands frequently and follow all other hygiene recommendations issued by state and federal health agencies.